The key metric used in all Sandhills market reports is the Sandhills Equipment Value Index (EVI). Buyers and sellers can use information from the Sandhills EVI to monitor equipment markets and maximize returns on acquisition, liquidation, and related business decisions. For 2022, Sandhills has improved its EVI with new metrics. The data now includes actively used model year equipment, increasing the population of used equipment beyond that available in the auction and retail markets. New EVI data, already available for United Statesis also now available for Canada to better reflect machine values by location. The enhanced version of Sandhills EVI requires Sandhills to reformulate the values from January 2022so the previous numbers will not be comparable to the new, more relevant values.
Chart to remember
Sandhills Market Reports highlight the most significant changes in Sandhills’ used heavy truck, construction equipment and agricultural machinery markets. Each report includes detailed analysis and charts that help readers visualize the data. This report shows how recent levels of inventory flattening compare to long-term trends and illustrates the year-over-year changes in ask and bid values for the construction equipment, agricultural equipment and machinery markets. heavy trucks.
Used Heavy Trucks in USA
- Heavy truck inventories fell 52.7% year-over-year in February, representing a 5.8 percentage point improvement from January inventory levels.
- Sandhills EVI shows heavy truck values continued their upward trend in February, posting a 58.5% year-on-year increase in auction value and a 50.1% increase in asking value over a year.
Used Heavy Duty Construction Equipment in USA
- Unlike the heavy truck and agricultural equipment markets, heavy construction equipment inventory levels continue to decline. In February, inventory levels were down 46.1% year-on-year. By comparison, construction equipment inventory levels in January were down 42.5% year-on-year.
- As inventory levels decline, used construction equipment auction values (up 10.9% YoY) and asking values (up 6% YoY) continue to rise .
Used Farm Equipment in USA
- From January to February, farm equipment inventory levels remained stable, posting declines of 37.4% year-on-year and 37.2% year-on-year, respectively.
- The value of farm equipment continued its upward trend in February. Sandhills’ EVI shows farm equipment auction values increased 9.7% year-on-year, while asking values increased 5.5% year-on-year.
Get the full report
For more information or to receive a detailed analysis of Sandhills Global, contact us at [email protected].
About Sandhills Global
Sandhills Global is an information processing company headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska. Our products and services collect, process and distribute information in the form of trade publications, websites and online services that connect buyers and sellers in the construction, agriculture, forestry, oil and gas, heavy equipment, commercial trucking and aviation. Our integrated, industry-specific approach to hosted technologies and services delivers solutions that help businesses large and small operate efficiently and grow securely, profitably and successfully. Sandhills Global—we are the cloud.
About the Sandhills Equipment Value Index
The Sandhills Equipment Value Index (EVI) is a primary indicator of the estimated market values of used assets – both currently and over time – in the construction, agriculture and trucking industries trading represented by Sandhills Global Markets, including AuctionTime.com, TractorHouse.com, MachineryTrader.co.uk, TruckPaper.com, and other industry-specific equipment platforms. Powered by FleetEvaluatorSandhills’ proprietary asset valuation tool, Sandhills EVI provides insight into the ever-changing supply and demand conditions for every industry.